I made these puff pastry cheesecake squares totally spur of the moment last week. In fact, I didn’t even plan to blog about them, but they were so easy and everyone raved about them, so I decided I needed to share!
I love cooking with puff pastry, but this was my first time working with these little shells. They are actually even easier than regular puff pastry because there is no thaw time — which I always forgot about with the regular pastries. With the shells, you simply pop them in the oven and bake them straight from the freezer. Once they’ve puffed up, remove the tops and centers and can fill them with whatever savory, or in this case, sweet concoction you want.
For the topping, I used the sour cherry jam I recently shared on my Instagram account (follow me here!). The tang of the cherries complemented the sweet cheesecake like a match made in dessert heaven. If you’re here in Tulsa, you can pick up a jar of the Shady Acres small batch jam at Adorn, a darling shop filled with festive holiday decor and one-of-a-kind gift items. Or, you can substitute your favorite jam in this recipe!
My Stir Crazy Kitchen Instagram
View this post on Instagram
My friends at @adorntulsa just let me try one of their new products… small batch jams from New York! I immediately asked cheese board expert @laurenkimallenevents for her recommendations on what cheeses would complement the jams. ⠀ •Sour cherry jam with sharp cheddar⠀ •Blackberry lemon thyme jam with an herbed goat cheese log⠀ •Hot pepper jam with aged Parmesan⠀ •Raspberry rhubarb jam with brie⠀ ⠀ I wish I would've taken an AFTER pic of our cheese & jam board because, let me tell you, it didn't last long. Seriously, go get these jams for your next cheese board. I promise you'll be a huge fan!⠀ ⠀ #cheeselovers #cheeseboard #cheeseplease #traderjoescheese #tulsaoklahoma #cheese #cheeseplate #cheeseplatter #charcuterie #charcuterieboard #cheeseandjambboard
Whatever jam you decide to use, I promise you and your family & friends will love these individualized desserts!
Puff Pastry Cheesecake Squares Recipe
Puff Pastry Cheesecake Squares
- 1 package frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 block of cream cheese, softened
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 tsp strawberry jam (or jam of your choice)
- powdered sugar and/or mint for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Bake puff pastry shells (from frozen) for 18 minutes or according to the package instructions. Cool for 5 minutes and cut out the center of the pastry shells with a sharp knife.
- Combine cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with a fork until smooth.
- Fill the puff pastry shells with cream cheese mixture, top with jam and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with powdered sugar & mint, if desired.