Anyone who is following me on Instagram knows I LOVE a good Caprese salad, especially if you switch it up by using peaches instead of tomatoes! Well, I was browsing Pinterest a few weeks ago, desperately searching for some dinner inspo, when I found a Peach Caprese Grilled Chicken dish. Believe it or not, I actually had all of the ingredients in my fridge! That’s like winning the Pinterest lottery!
When I started in on the recipe, I realized I also had some arugula and tomatoes. I decided to turn the dish into a refreshing salad! That zesty bite of arugula is the perfect offset to the sweet peaches, and some fresh mozzarella perfectly soaks up the balsamic reduction sauce.
View this post on Instagram
Have you ever tried Peach Caprese? Now that peaches are in season (👏), I sub out the tomato in the traditional Caprese salad for something a little sweeter. I turned this recipe into skewers for Lee Lee’s birthday and they were DEVOURED. Clearly, the combo of peaches and balsamic glaze is an undeniable winner. 🍑 🏆⠀ #summertime #peach #mozzarella #basil #thekitchn #food52 #feedfeed #caprese #wholefoods #allrecipes #buzzfeedtasty #yahoofood #tasteofhome #tohfoodie #epicurious #tastingtable #realsimple #todayfood #eatingwell #cookinglight #bhg #makesmewhole #buzzfeedfood #foodandwine #eattherainbow #thenewhealthy #cleaneating #healthy #eats #foodandwine
It’s definitely a salad the entire family could eat over and over again, and in fact, I know we will. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Chicken & Peach Caprese Salad Recipe
Chicken & Peach Caprese Salad
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 medium peaches sliced*
- 1 large tomato sliced
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Start by making the balsamic reduction sauce . In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat. When it starts to boil, reduce it to low. Simmer, stirring often, until vinegar reduces and is thickened (about 15 minutes). Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and place on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound the chicken breasts until about 1/2" thick.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, salt & pepper the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the pan and heat for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice for serving.
- Divide arugula between 4 plates. Top with chicken slices, peaches, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and drizzle with the balsamic reduction sauce.
- *grill the peaches for an even sweeter, deeper flavor