Chicken & Peach Caprese Salad
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 medium peaches, sliced*
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- 4 cups baby arugula
- Start by making the balsamic reduction sauce . In a small saucepan, heat the balsamic vinegar over medium-high heat. When it starts to boil, reduce it to low. Simmer, stirring often, until vinegar reduces and is thickened (about 15 minutes). Set aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts in half and place on a cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Pound the chicken breasts until about 1/2" thick.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, salt & pepper the chicken.
- Add the chicken to the pan and heat for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Flip and repeat on the other side. Remove to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice for serving.
- Divide arugula between 4 plates. Top with chicken slices, peaches, tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and drizzle with the balsamic reduction sauce.
*grill the peaches for an even sweeter, deeper flavor
Adapted from Destination Delish
Recipe by My Stir Crazy Kitchen at http://mystircrazykitchen.com/peach-caprese-salad/