Garlic Butter Scallops with Pasta
- 1 pound fresh sea scallops
- 12 oz spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Take your thawed scallops and rinse them thoroughly and place them on a paper towel to dry.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente (tender but not mushy), about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a 12-inch skillet, add the minced garlic, and cook for a total of 30 seconds. Add your scallops and salt.
- Stir to coat and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep stirring and flip your scallops until they are opaque and cooked to your preference.
- When the scallops are done, transfer them to plates or a serving platter.
- In the pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter and the white wine. Stir and loosen up any browned scallop bits and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and stir to combine. Cook for 3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the pasta and stir to coat in the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes.
- To serve, place pasta on plates and top with scallops and parsley.
Recipe by My Stir Crazy Kitchen at http://mystircrazykitchen.com/scallops-garlic-butter/