With summer time weather officially here, it’s time to perfect your at home happy hour! Whether you’re still staying home (or not), it’s always a good idea to have some go-to summer cocktail recipes up your sleeve. So here are three of my favorites for you… CHEERS!
GRILLED LIME SOUTHSIDE
Grilling limes make them juicier and give your drink a smoky flavor that is undeniably different and delicious. Read more about it here!
Grilled Lime Southside
- 2 oz. gin
- 3/4 oz fresh grilled lime juice
- 2 grilled lime wedges
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 sprigs of mint
- In a shaker, muddle one mint sprig with the limes, and lime juice.
- Add the gin and simple syrup and shake well.
- Pour into a glass over ice and stir until glass is frosted.
- Top with soda and garnish with the remaining mint.
This is a super easy way to enjoy a frose’ at home. Simply freeze your watermelon cubes for at least 4 hours and blend with your favorite rose’. It creates a slushy frose’ that is so delicious, you’ll want to make them all summer long! Check out my IGTV how-to here!
- 2 cups rose' wine
- 2 cups frozen watermelon
- Freeze watermelon cubes for at least 4 hours.
- Blend equal parts frozen watermelon and rose'.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime & a sprig of mint (OPTIONAL).
This was the signature cocktail at my wedding in 2012! It was such a hit, we ran out within the first hour. It’s deceptively strong, so start slow or weaken the recipe if you plan on having more than one 😉 not that I”m speaking from experience or anything.
Tulsa Thyme Cocktail
- 1 part vodka
- 2 parts thyme-infused lemonade
- splash club soda
- Muddle thyme and add lemonade. Let it infuse for 15 minutes (or overnight).
- Strain the lemonade.
- Add vodka & lemonade to a glass of ice.
- Garnish with a lemon slice (OPTIONAL).
These cocktails will be on repeat all summer long at our house!