Once the big meal is over, the sea of Thanksgiving leftovers feels never ending, right? This year, creativity struck and I came up with something so unique and delicious I had to share it with you: Leftover Taquitos! If you’re thinking, “A tortilla stuffed with all things Thanksgiving? Hard pass.” You’re just going to have to trust me on this.
If I’m being totally honest, I recently made some chicken, bacon and ranch taquitos for a work gathering and they were such a hit — and so easy to make — I’ve been trying to think of a reason to make more. So while I was planning the Savory Thanksgiving Cupcakes I had an AHA! moment and here we are.
I borrowed a friend’s air fryer to make these because I don’t have one yet. Although after seeing this one in action, I’m ready to pull the trigger! If you’re like me and can’t decide if you really have enough storage space for yet another appliance, I’m including oven directions, too!
I was initially worried that the lack of cheese would be an issue, but the mashed potatoes are so creamy I didn’t even miss it! And I LOVE cheese, so that’s saying a lot. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 1 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 1/2 cup stuffing
- 1/2 cup turkey
- 6 tortillas
- cranberry sauce for dipping
- Combine the turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing in a large bowl.
- Place about a 1/2 cup of the mixture in a tortilla and roll up tightly.
- AIR FRYER: 400F for 10 minutes - shaking the basket every 3-4 minutes.
- OVEN: Bake at 400F for 6-8 minutes until the tortilla is lightly browned.