I always overdo it on the holidays and spend the first few months of the year craving light, refreshing meals to make up for it. This week cilantro was on my brain, and because of my deep love of Chipotle and Qdoba, I decided to remake their classic cilantro rice, but in a healthier way. And my Cilantro Lime Brown Rice recipe was born!
The flavor of this rice is so spot on, and using brown rice made me feel way less guilty going back for seconds.
The secret to giving this dish so much great flavor is whisking the lime juice and cilantro and then pouring that delicious mixture over the warm rice after it’s finished cooking.
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice Recipe
Cilantro Lime Brown Rice
- 1 cup Uncooked Long-grain Brown Rice
- 1 teaspoon Butter
- 2 cloves Garlic Minced
- 5 teaspoons Fresh Lime Juice Divided
- 1 can 15 Oz. Size Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Water
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Cilantro Chopped
- In a saucepan add the rice, butter, garlic, 2 teaspoons of lime juice, broth and water; stir to combine. Bring the rice mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 40 minutes, until rice is tender. While rice is cooking, whisk the remaining 3 teaspoons (or 1 tablespoon) lime juice and cilantro together in a small bowl. When rice is ready, remove it from the heat and pour the lime/cilantro mixture over the rice, mixing it in as you fluff the rice. Serve immediately.