These egg bites are BEYOND easy to prep on a weekend and eat all week long. With school starting (or semi-starting) again, I’ve been struggling to get the boys a quick breakfast and out the door on time.
Enter: Easy Bacon & Egg Bites!
Bonus: I also pack them in their lunchbox because I know it’s something that they’ll definitely eat!
What you’ll need:
- Crescent roll dough
- Breakfast Meat (bacon or sausage) – optional
- Muffin tin
How to make them:
First you unroll the crescent dough sheet (you can also use the triangles, just pinch them together). Cut out small circles from the dough. I used an herb lid because I couldn’t find my small circle cookie cutter… but get creative or you can slice them in squares, it doesn’t really matter since it’s just the base of the bite.
Place the dough circles into a greased mini muffin pan and top with your favorite (cooked) breakfast meat or veggie: bacon, sausage, broccoli, tomatoes, or any combination of them!
Whisk your eggs until they are light and fluffy, add salt and pepper and whisk some more. Carefully add the eggs to just below the top of the muffin tin.
Lastly, add your favorite shredded cheese on top of the eggs. Bake them and enjoy!
How long do they last?
These are super easy to make ahead of time and reheat when you need a quick meal! You can easily keep these in the refrigerator for up to a week. OR place them in a single layer on a baking sheet to freeze. Once frozen, place in a freezer bag for up to 3 months! To reheat, just microwave for 30 seconds at a time until heated through.
Get the recipe here
Easy Bacon & Egg Bites
- Muffin tin
- 1 pkg Crescent Roll dough
- 6 slices bacon
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 7 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent roll dough (pinch together seams if using triangles). Cut small circles from the dough and place in a greased mini muffin tin.
- Dice bacon and cook until crispy. Add a few pieces of bacon to each muffin.
- Whisk eggs with salt & pepper until light and fluffy. Fill each muffin until it's just below the top.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes before taking from the pan.