These slow-roasted tomatoes are a must: must make, must eat, must repeat. They are so easy and can be used for basically every meal. This “recipe” is vegan, vegetarian, paleo and most of the other healthy buzzwords you hear. They are also super simple, so what are you waiting for?!
These tomatoes are so versatile. You can add them to a pizza or pasta, or even toss them into a delicious salad. Pair them with cheese and crackers at your next get together. Heck you can even eat them by themselves!
When you slow roast the tomatoes, something amazing happens and totally transforms your average, boring, everyday tomato into a sophisticated star of any meal or spread.
This particular recipe was inspired by Gwyneth Paltrow’s “My Father’s Daughter” cookbook — another one of my favorite resources for finding healthy, real food recipes.
Gwyneth's Slow Roasted Tomatoes
- Vine ripened tomatoes, washed
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tomatoes in half (horizontally).
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake seed side up for 3-5 hours, or until they look nearly sun dried.
- Store in a jar with olive oil in the fridge.