This Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli recipe is a slam dunk — even for any members of your family who refuse to do vegetables. I made it for two separate holiday dinners; it’s as delicious as it is simple! It was inspired by a recipe in the Food & Wine newsletter years ago and let me tell you, the butter alone is worth making it.
It’s not like my love of butter is a surprise, but adding this to your roasted broccoli (or any vegetable for that matter), is a game changer even if you’re not quite as obsessed as me. Each bite is covered in buttery, gooey cheese and that is something I think we can all get behind.
I’m very lucky — and a bit dumbfounded — that my kids love broccoli. I wasn’t surprised when they requested seconds of this glorious side dish, and honestly everyone who tried the dish came back for more. I’m willing to bet you’re going to get the same results.
As a side dish, I really think this could pair with anything: beef, chicken, pasta, pork… you name it. Because I can’t get enough of it, I was brainstorming other vegetables that would be delicious roasted with this butter. The list is practically endless! Here are my top choices:
– Brussels Sprouts
– Haricots Verts
– Sweet Potatoes
Have you tried this butter yet? What are you waiting for?!?!
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Broccoli
- 4 pounds broccoli cut into long spears with stems peeled
- 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thin
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- In a food processor, pulse the butter, garlic and cheese until smooth.Roast the broccoli with olive oil, salt & pepper at 425 for 10-15 minutes.Toss with the butter & broil for 3 minutes until the butter is golden.
[Photos by Emily Steward]
These roasted broccoli florets come together with just 5 min prep, tossed in Parmesan-garlic goodness. Plus, it s the perfect and easiest side dish to any meal!
Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed it!